Monday 20 January 2014

"heeeeeey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'?"

So today for Dinner I made a DELICIOUS chicken and leek pie mmmmmmmm. One day in work, one of the staff made it for us all and as soon as I tasted that, I was in heaven!!!! I just had to try and make it myself for Matthew and I. So I did and now it is definatley one of our favourite meals.
So I thought I would put up the recipe on here so that others can make this great big bowl of absolute deliciousness haha. So here goes..

Ingredients


  • 4x Chicken Fillets
  • 3x Large Leeks
  • 1 Large tin of Sweetcorn
  • 2 Tins of Mushroom Soup
  • Just Roll Shortcrust Pastry (obviously you can make your own pastry but I'm too lazy)
Method

  • Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. 
  • Cut the chicken into small pieces, fry in a large pan until it is white all the way through. 
  • Chop the Leeks into small pieces and add them to the pan to lightly fry them. 
  • Add the sweetcorn and again, lightly fry. 
  • When the veg is lightly cooked add the tins of mushroom soup. Mix well and bring to the boil. 
  • Pour into a pie dish. Sprinkle flour on the work surface and roll out the pastry. Place ontop of the filling and chop off any long sides. Pinch the sides together, put a very small cut in the middle and add decortaion with your left over pastry. 
  • Crack an egg and whisk it up and brush all over the top of the pie. This will make it lovely golden brown. 
  • Pop in the oven until golden brown and VOILA! BON APETIT!
I usually make broccoli and mash as a little side dish with my pie but you can do whatever you like. Hope you enjoy!!! 

 I love putting hearts in the middle. 

Here's one I made earlier ;)... How delicious!!


4 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! I want some now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you probably had it Roxanne in work, D made it. Probably the only time I ever ate the cooked dinners and I loved it!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you! You were always so fabulous!

      Delete
    2. awww miss you too!! hope your doing well! x

      Delete